For years I would struggle with skincare products, going from one brand to another, hoping each time I would find one that works for my skin. After the initial breakout from using a new product, my skin would look great for a few months. Inevitably my skin would get used to the product or rely on using it and the brand’s supplementary products to get the best effect. This would result in breakouts or oiliness or blocked pores and I would move on to the next brand. Eventually, I grew tired of this and decided to simplify things and only use natural and organic skincare products. I have been doing this for the last 2 years, using the same brand and have no more issues with my skin anymore. Thus, I am a big advocate for brands that use natural, organic ingredients to make products with no harmful chemicals. Therefore, when Cheyanne from Beautycounter contacted me about testing and reviewing their products I was happy to do it.
Beautycounter is on a mission, one that I can fully appreciate and will most definitely support. This is the brand for anyone who knows the value of natural beauty, free of toxic chemicals that are in most beauty products. Launched in California in 2013, this brand is aiming to make big changes within the federal law of what ingredients are permitted in personal care products. They point out that over the past few decades Europe has made great progress in terms of this problem. The European Union has banned over 1400 chemicals that are used in personal care products, whereas the United States has only partially banned about 30. When you consider that most of these chemicals in the products are known to cause health issues such as asthma, cancer, and infertility, you begin to realize the severity of the problem. The founder of Beautycounter believes you deserve better and wants to provide people with personal care products that work but without any harmful consequences.
To be clear, not all the products are 100% natural, but all are at least comprised of 80% natural or naturally-derived ingredients. The ingredients in their products that are man-made are all completely safe to use. Their goal is not to be completely natural, but to combine natural and man-made ingredients to create products that are safe for all. I found their products wonderful to use and I would highly recommend the products. For about a month I tested the products to fully experience the results and I would just like to mention that my skin has never looked better. I was also surprised at how I didn’t even breakout during the first few days of using the products, as this usually happens when I switch brands. Cheyanne provided me with a number of products to use, but only used those that were specifically for my skin type. Although I was provided with samples, I was very surprised at how long they lasted. A little goes a very long way with these products, which means that the price is definitely worthwhile.
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar – this product absorbs impurities and detoxifies your skin. It was a super gentle cleansing product and really enjoyed how it left my skin feeling smooth and literally squeaky clean.
- No. 3 Balancing Face Mask – This clay mask helps to purify and balance the skin, while the charcoal minimizes the size of your pores. Apply quickly as it dries fast and starts to flake off if you touch it too much. It left my skin feeling fresh and looking clear and worked great for enlarged or blocked pores.
- No. 3 Balancing Facial Oil – A little of this is all you need after using the mask to soften your skin and promote an even skin tone. Normally when I apply moisturizer or oils at night I get pimples, that didn’t happen once while using this oil.
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator – Made from jojoba beads and coconut oil which cleans out impurities. I liked how gentle this exfoliator was, it was both soothing and cleansing to use without being abrasive on my skin.
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream – This product reduces puffiness around the eyes and helps diminish fine lines. You really only need to use a small amount to get great results, so this product will last.
- Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30 – This sunscreen is lightweight and water resistant. I loved how quickly and easily it blended with my skin, which made it feel like I didn’t have any on.
- Style Sea Salt Spray – This styling spray is long-lasting but lightweight and is suitable for all hair types. It worked really well when I applied it while my hair was wet. I could then style it accordingly into wavy curls. My only problem was that I didn’t like the smell, but it goes away as soon as it dries.
- Lip Conditioner in Calendula – This lip balm both nourishes and protects your lips. It felt great on my lips and left them feeling soft and smooth throughout the day.
- Tint Skin Hydration Foundation – This lightweight foundation actually hydrates and cares for your skin during use. I absolutely loved this foundation, with just a small amount it gave me great coverage and lasted all day.